BEAUTY FAVOURITES OF 2014!


It is nearly time for us to say goodbye to 2014, a year which has flown by so quickly in my opinion. I definitely did a lot of splurging in 2014, trying out new brands and products was very exciting. I have made so many wonderful beauty discoveries this year and I am so excited to share my favourites with you.






I have been through so many different skincare products this year, most of which haven't worked in my favour. Having extremely dry and sensitive skin, I find it difficult to find skincare products that will hydrate my skin but also not irritate it either. This was a long process but by doing this I finally found my holy grail products. The most amazing moisturiser I have ever come across is the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. If, like me, you have dry skin then this is the product you need. It has a bit of a hefty price tag of £34.00 but it is worth every penny. My second favourite skincare product of 2014 is the St Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub. This stuff is incredible! It is such a gentle exfoliator that doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest and as an added bonus, it smells delicious!


Moving on to makeup. For foundation I have absolutely LOVED the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation in shade 0.5. This foundation matches my skins perfectly and makes it look flawless. It has a medium coverage but it is so lightweight that you can't even feel it on your skin. I'm on my third bottle now and I will keep buying this over and over again. My favourite primer/base this year has been the L'oreal Lumi Magique Primer. This primer is amazing! It illuminates the skin to give it that natural dewy glow as well as keeping your skin hydrated all day long. The Benefit High Beam has been my favourite highlighter for a good few years now and once again it has made its way in to this year's list. It is perfect for a natural glow to the high points of the face.


Being obsessed with eyeshadows means that I have purchased a ridiculous amount of eye makeup this year. However there are two that stand out to me. First of all, Mac's Painterly Paint Pot. I know I'm a little late to the hype but wow, they weren't kidding when they said how good this was. This little pot of joy is the perfect base for eyeshadow and it doesn't crease! Hallelujah! I can't write this post without mentioning my beloved Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I bought this around 6 months ago and I haven't used anything else since, I am in love. It has the most beautiful shade selection, consisting of both matte and shimmer, which compliments my skin tone perfectly. I would definitely recommend this to palette to anyone!



Next up is lips! My lipstick collection is slowly growing and two new additions that I have adored this year have both been from Mac. The first of which is Mac's Speak Louder. I used this lipstick more in the summer time as it is a brighter pink but it is absolutely stunning. Mac's Syrup is more of a recent purchase but it has easily made it in to my favourites of 2014. This shade of lipstick is to die for and is perfect for this time of year.


My favourite nail colour of the year has been Essie's Fiji. I absolutely adore this nail polish as it looks natural on the nails and is wearable all year round. My final favourite of this year comes in the form of fragrance. Katy Perry Killer Queen is my all time favourite scent from this year, I love it so much that I got TWO gift sets of it for christmas so I won't be running out any time soon!

Well that's it for this year, my next post will officially be in 2015! Let me know in the comments what your beauty favourites have been this year..

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! 

- Beth x

No comments:

Post a Comment